Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wanting to call Amy


sitting here watching biggest loser. watched American Idol earlier wondering if Amy was watching at her place. I hold back on calling her because sometimes I'm afraid it'll make her homesick if we talk. She will tell me something that is wrong. Last nite I learned that the big van just purchased for her house is no longer there because of a neighbor's complaint. It is probably too big according to codes in Aurora. It made me sick enough to shed tears. Today I looked into some of the facts and put a call in to Joan the person in charge at thompson. Did not hear back yet.

i'm hungry. cooked chicken breasts twice in the last 24 hours. I need to have a protein source handy. cleaned my room today. Sorted through piles of clothes on the floor and put them in three laundry baskets: tops, home bottoms, and out of the house bottoms. i have nothing to do here during the day except sort through stuff and clean so I am taking advantage of the time I have. Think I will work on one of my closets tomorrow and give some stuff away.

yesterday i called Becky for the first time in 25 years. She was one of my room mates in college. She's been a widow for ten years, is retired from 33 years of teaching, is selling real estate, and built herself a new house. My other room mate has been diagnosed with ms recently and is aching and sad. then there's me in the wheelchair trying to stand longer each day and take steps.

been having pt three times a week. i'm actually doing the exercises and have regained the use of my left arm. i'm staying on track because my goal is to live again, feel i look my best, dance at al's wedding, be able to drive down to springfield to see annie, stop in champain to see al.....drive my new car, get a job, go out with friends, visit amy easily and take her places......