Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday AM July 19

I missed my OA meeting this morning. There is no valid excuse except that I slept in because of sleeping probs this week. My sister in law Jane told me I should have gotten up and slept later. She's right. Today is my brother Ken's 55th birthday which I will be spending with his family later today. I want to be closer with that part of my family because aside from my daughters, it all the family I have left. How could that have happened??? I'll tell you. It happens when you get older, your parents die, and they only had two kids and you're one of them. I don't see bro Ken and Jane as much as I'd like to because their house is not accessible and getting Amy into the house isn't possible unless the young strong ones, cousins or siblings, are around to carry her. Here I am in my sixth week of my time without Amy and this is the first time we're getting together.

I'm experiencing writer's block lately, not because I have no issues to write about, but because I have too many to address. I'm avoiding the work it takes to give shape to my fears and concerns. I could go the opposite direction, however, and write about the good things in life. But I feel the need to address those things dancing around in the back of my brain thinking it will make them go away. Maybe a list of topics to write about in the future will help.

My alone time ends in two weeks. OMG I looked at the calendar and I am mistaken. I have THREE weeks left! How do you spell relief?

No comments: