Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday

I'm longing to be somewhere other than where I am. Nothing too exotic but just not here at home. I think I'm lonely. I liked being in Bismarck and a part of Annie's life the week before July 4. Getting off the train and seeing her coming toward me in her little brown plaid summer dress brought tears to my eyes. I was feeling self conscious because back in January when she left, I told her that I hoped to be thinner next time I saw her. I am not, in fact maybe bigger. I was worried about meeting Annie's friends and keeping up with her and how I looked.

It was Sunday when I got there instead of Saturday morning as we'd planned. My train left Chicago a day later due to rain and train tracks being under water on the way to Bismarck so my traveling plans changed a little, but I ended up spending extra days as a result!!

In the post Monday Monday I talked about the people I met on train going to Bismarck. For some reason I saved that post but never published it till today.



No comments: