Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ticket to Ride

I'm leaving tomorrow for Bismarck on a train!! I bought my own suitcase at TJ Max earlier today and I swear it was a "God Thing" the way it happened. The selection of rolling suitcases was a big one with many choices of brands and colors and patterns. Originally I wanted a suitcase that stands out so it would be easy to pick out of a lot of others. As I was looking a the vast array of choices another person close in age to me with knee scars and a limp was also. I asked her "what's a good suitcase?" She told me about her walking problems and said the only one to have is a swiveling one cause they don't fall over. She picked out a black one that swiveled! None of the others I'd looked at so far did. On top of that it was a Samsonite a supposedly good brand--in fact they were known for their ads back in the 70's with a gorilla banging one of their suitcases around and jumping on it. I did have white Samsonite Silhouette back then. Its long gone. There was a story that went with that luggage. When my parents bought it for me for highschool graduation I remember my father saying "What the hell does she need luggage for?" We had lots of laughs over that over the years as I did indeed use the lugguge. There is no one left to laugh about that with anymore, tho. They are both gone now................

So the "God thing".................I looked at the price which was was OK, gave it a swivel or two, asked the woman if she wanted to buy it to which she said no, it was too big, and pushed that baby over to the checkout without a thought of its color (black) and that it looked like every other black suitcase. End of story. I can't wait to pack it tonite!! If Annie is lucky, it will contain a DVD player if i can find it out in the garage. If the lady had not shown up when she did, tho, I would not have ended up with the swivel but with something different that would not have served the double purpose of being like a "walker" (as in old people who use them) for me as well as a suitcase. Was that lady there at that moment just for me??? Maybe...............

It is going on 5pm of my last evening at home. I still have some errands to do like a trip to Walmart for another pair of $11 pedal pushers and a charger for my phone which was left at Al's house by mistake.

I am also happy that my ride to the train tomorrow is from my friend, Amy and not my ex which was what was originally planned. Still gotta get home tho........later.

2 comments:

Anfa said...

Have a great trip! Enjoy just stepping outside the routine for a few days- we are all much the better for that.
Great slideshow, and welcome to the blog world.
Failte!

**** said...

wow! my first comment. i love blogging already. thank you for your comment. makes me feel connected "out there" already. i need to finish my profile. i'll do that when i return.