Friday, June 27, 2008

My Ticket to Ride Was Cancelled

It's Friday night. My train, Empire Builder, blew me off today. There I was at the station with my brand new suitcase packed to the gills, my backpack, and my pillow................but no train. Bad weather and washed out railways changed my travel plans but I didn't know about it--maybe because I didn't check my phone messages last night...........but still, leaving a message doesn't cut it as far as I'm concerned. So my friend, Amy got the stationmaster to re-book my ticket and give me a $50 discount for my trouble. She did this after she calmed me down and quieted me down upon my learning the news. I believe I swore at the man in my moment of despair.

So tomorrow, I'll start all over again on my journey, giving my pets the "mommy will be home before you know it" pep talk again and schlepping my belongings into the car again. This time tho, I have TWO train trips. I have to take a commuter train to the main station and then catch the Empire Builder. Have I mentioned that I am semi-disabled, if shuffling along with a cane counts. And I'm not even old.............not real old.

I ate my subway sandwich a while ago for supper. Its the sandwich I brought along with me for the trip. It was soggy and maybe not such a good idea to do again. I didn't have mayo on it but somehow it still got soggy. Now I'm on my way over to the neighbors for a bit for pizza.

Another night at home in my comfy bed. Ok i like the couch better for some reason. More about that some other time. Ta ta!

No comments: