Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Different Summer

This has been a summer of waiting. Waiting for approval of medical coverage so that I can have double knee replacement surgery. The past several summers with Amy gone at camp I was able to get out and visit friends and family and run errands. This summer I'm not in pain because I'm in this wheelchair and not bearing weight so its easier to do house work and cooking etc but I can't get out on my own unless someone drives me. I've done a lot of reading. I go bed early because I need assistance getting onto the bed so I watch a lot of tv till late at night. I stay in bed in the moring sleeping and reading because I know that I get up too early I'll be in the chair all day till seven pm. or so. I really feel like a senior citizen and I'm only 58!!

My plan is to regain my life after surgery and rehab so I can get back to independence and an active life style. This weekend Allison is moving to a house from an apartment; I wish I could be there "helping" her and experiencing it with her. I can't right now tho. Before the surgery I have to be cleared to have it by going thru many types of exams and tests. I hope i'm healthy enough to have it!

Took a shower today. I drape my wheelchair seat and back with shower curtain liners. It works just fine. My SIL is coming to visit tomorrow. I'm going outside to read for awhile. that's all I got.

No comments: