Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bring Me the Head


Its only a little after noon and i'm thinking about dinner. haven't even had lunch. yesterday i roasted various veggies and tonite, if i get out to the store, i plan to roast a head of cauliflower. the title of this posting is not my own--it came with the recipe.
Right now I'm waiting, something i seem to do quite a bit, for Erica (again) to arrive. She asked if I wanted to go out for lunch and have pizza last nite. I said yes, but pizza is not what i'll have.
Yesterday i rode the bike for two half hour periods. I walked around with the walker quite a bit and paid for it later in stiffness and inability to stand up again unless with much effort. i'm learning that just because it hurts, it doesn't mean i shouldn't do it. i think its called working through the pain, but when i picture my knee caps grinding against bone, its hard to believe its good for me. BUT i have to be up and walking so i can prance into the ortho sugeron's office ready for some serious surgery. I can't live like this anymore. There's is too much to be done and too much ahead to be living like this.
Amy wants to or needs to come home this weekend. Both of our helpers have family committments on Saturday, the day on which a friend from out of town is coming to see Amy, her new digs, and me, too. On top of that Amy has a morning appointment for botox on monday so it makes sense to start out from home. am having trouble getting help lined up.
second time i got up very early to turn up the heat. the house was way too cold for what the thermostat was set at. had to hit on the thermostat to get it on. trouble brewing i'll bet. in fact, i need to turn it down right now.

No comments: